XpertSea is a software company with a data-driven vision. By harvesting images and sensor data on the field for countless different types of aquatic organisms around the globe, our portable IoT devices, fully integrated with a Big Data Analytics platform, are quietly building the world’s largest database on aquaculture production. We need data engineers to help us leverage this intelligence and convert it into new products and services that will move the industry forward.
- Design and implementation of machine learning algorithms and big data infrastructure related to our analytics platform.
- Be on the lookout for new technology related to cloud based infrastructures, machine learning development and big data.
- Work closely with both the engineering team and the marine biology experts.
- University degree in the field of computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering or another related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in data engineering Experience in big data infrastructure and development with Python / R / Clojure / Java.
- Experience with cloud platform infrastructure: AWS / Azure / GCP. Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work within a multidisciplinary team. Experience with unit testing, test-driven development, automated testing, continuous integration and automated deployment.
- Advanced machine learning experience.
- Advanced AWS experience.
Big Data, Machine learning, DevOps, Python, R, Clojure, Java, AWS, Azure